How to Make a Balloon Arch
Taking your party to the next level with a stunning balloon arch.
Balloon arches make a great visual spotlight for the event star, and they also create a great background for photos.
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, congratulating a bride-to-be, or welcoming a baby, balloon arches are the party decor you need.
Many people don’t know how to build a balloon arch, but it’s possible! Here’s how to make a balloon arch.
What You’ll Need
First, you should gather all of the materials you’ll need for your balloon arch. Here are the basics:
- Low-temperature glue gun
- Balloons (around 90+)
- Fishin line and blunt needle
- Foliage and fresh flowers
- Balloon pump
How to Do a Balloon Arch
Once you’ve got your materials ready, it’s time to build your balloon arch. Here are the steps for how to build a balloon arch:
- Sketch out your design, like the shape of your arch and the colors.
- Blow up all the balloons. Create some smaller balloons that you can use to fill in space.
- Use a traditional knot to tie the fishing line to the end of the needle.
- Thread the needle through the inflated balloon bottom (the part below the knot with no air).
- Slide the threaded balloons all the way down the line one at a time.
- Alter the colors and sizes of balloons you use.
- Once all the balloons are on the line, knot the line and cut the fishing line.
- Hang hooks or nails on the wall (or door frame) where you want the arch.
- Use the hooks to hang up the arch in sections.
- Fill any holes in the arch by attaching extra balloons with a low-temperature glue gun.
- Add a few fresh flowers or foliage to finish off the arch.
Balloon Arches Toronto & Mississauga
There you have it, the basic steps for how to make a balloon arch! Does it still seem like a lot of work? Balloons and Beyond is here to help with our professional balloon arches in Toronto & Mississauga. Spend time on planning your party and inviting guests instead of on balloon arches.