How To Blow Up and Deflate Foil Balloons
Foil balloons are popular party decor that can elevate the look of any event.
Since foil balloons are made from thin metal places over nylon, they can stay inflated for far longer than latex balloons. Therefore, they’re ideal for long or even multi-day events!
First thing’s first, you need to know how to inflate foil balloons before you can use them.
How do you inflate foil balloons?
Keep reading to learn how to blow-up foil balloons and how to deflate a foil balloon.
How to Blow Up Foil Balloons
How do you blow up foil balloons? Manual methods are one choice. One of the most common strategies is to use a straw.
Here’s how you blow up foil balloons with a straw:
- Find the filling hole near the button of the balloon.
- Place a drinking straw in the filling tab. Make sure you separate the plastic so the straw goes all of the way in!
- Pinch the straw between the filling tab to create a sealed blowing area. Keep hold of this area as you fill-up the balloon.
- Blow air into the straw to fill the balloon. Continue adding air until the balloon is firm to the touch.
- Pull the straw out while pinching the tab. Most foil balloons self-seal when you pinch the tab.
If you have a ton of balloons to blow up and are looking for a quicker method, then you can use an air pump instead. Repeat the steps above, but instead of inserting a straw, insert the tip of your air pump.
How to Deflate Foil Balloons
Since you tie off the bottom of latex balloons, most people simply pop them when done. However, this is not the only option for foil balloons. You can deflate them so you can use them again.
The steps for deflating a foil balloon are:
- Locate the tab at the bottom of the balloon (where you fill it up).
- Insert a drinking straw into the opening with the plastic slip. Ote that the straw must enter between the two slips of plastic.
- Genty push and roll the straw until you hear air leaving it.
- Carefully press down on the balloon to deflate it.
- As the foil balloon gets flatter, fold the balloon until all air is out.
- When the balloon is deflated, you can store it for future use.
One of the best things about foil balloons is that they can be reused. But the first step is to get quality balloon decorations for your next event.
Choose Balloons and Beyond for your balloon needs in Hamilton. We can save you time blowing up foil balloons and with party decorating. Learn more about our foil balloon options today.
Order balloon decorations for Hamilton online today or contact us for custom balloons!